From the Keys to Canada...and a new chapter in life

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

From the Keys to Canada...and a new chapter in life

Post by SHOWBOAT »

It appears from the texts I've received that many of you are already aware that I got married last weekend. The initial location was Cheeca Lodge, but Irma felt differently, and in late December the ceremony was rebooked at Playa Largo. Atticus did a tremendous job as the officiant (a first for him), Matt was a great groomsman (a first for him) and I think everyone had a wonderful time. The best catch of the trip...
megan brian-0010.jpg
megan brian-0044.jpg
megan brian-0038.jpg
however, Meghan I spent the week before with our parents at a rental house in Islamorada, and there were some nice catches there as well. The boat basin at the rental allowed me to keep the boat in the water, and that gave me easy access to slip out and go fishing as windows were presented. Big yellowtail, mangos, muttons, black grouper, red grouper, speckled hind, sharks and barracuda all found their way aboard the Ranger. We even caught some yellowtail early Saturday morning before the wedding and the resort turned them into the best fish tacos I've ever eaten; we had some sent to bridal suite as well.
IMG_0134.JPEG
IMG_0135.JPEG
IMG_1944.JPG
IMG_1946.JPG
IMG_0132.JPEG
IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1982.JPG
With that adventure now complete, and having just spent a week out of office, Meghan and I pushed our honeymoon until August. We've booked flights into Calgary and anticipate adventuring west into Lake Louise, Banff, Yoho, Jasper and Glacier National parks. Any and all recommendations as to must do/see activities in the Canadian Rockies are welcomed and appreciated as we start making plans.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Pirate

Re: From the Keys to Canada...and a new chapter in life

Post by Pirate »

I have made that trip twice and have a third trip planned this June. I won't have time until after spring break ( headed to the coast) but I will send you a list of must see stuff and I'm sure you can add to that list. You made a great choice. This is a great place to visit. I have 10 days planned this year in Canada. I will be borderline for Glacier as the GTTSR may not be open yet. The one thing I will tell you is if you don't have lodging reservations already you need to make them asap as things book early.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Congratulations Brian :thumbup:
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

My condolence...........urm....I mean CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Congratulations Brian and Meghan.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Congrats!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Congratulations to you both. :thumbup:
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Pirate, thanks! I look forward to hearing from you. The list of places I'm interested in visiting is overwhelming; this is unlike any trip I've ever planned before. I owe you a round should our paths cross in the future :thumbup:
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Congrats B-RYE!

That honeymoon adventure is going to be insanely cool! :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Congrats. Looks fun
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Congrats. Marriage has been great for me. She puts up with my many, many fishing trips as well as my mountain biking, hockey, etc...
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Glad to do it Showboat. Let me get back in town. If you haven't made reservations yet split your time between Banff (townsite) and Jasper. It is a lot to see up the Icefields Pwy and you don't need to have to make the trip up and back in one day. If you haven't made reservations yet do it asap. Also if you will let me know how many days you will be there it will help me in suggesting stuff.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
HighOnTheFlats

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

guthooked wrote:Congrats. Marriage has been great for me. She puts up with my many, many fishing trips as well as my mountain biking, hockey, etc...

just noticed that columns cottonmouth jersey...you form Columbus, GA?
“..Grew up watching Bill Dance and Stone Cold, that’s why I’m always fishing and do nothing I’m told.”