On the flats

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

On the flats

Post by Jumptrout51 »

TodayS wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Dominant period 1 second.
TonightSSW wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less. Dominant period 1 second.
SaturdaySSW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less. Dominant period 1 second.
Saturday NightWSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less. Dominant period 1 second.
SundayVariable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
Sunday NightSE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
MondaySSE wind around 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas around 1 ft.
Monday NightVariable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: On the flats

Post by Salty Gator »

I like your forcast. 25k gusts and seas 1’ or less. Don’t believe it, but like it.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Maybe in Stoney 1' or less lol

Who knows... it could be glorious! wouldn't be the first time :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
bbb

On the flats

Post by bbb »

JT I noticed similar numbers on the marine forecast a few days ago. St Marks was going to see 10-15knot winds out of the SW with 1-2ft seas. Carrabelle was going to see 10-15knot winds with 3-4ft seas with occasional 5-6's.

Now they have them both showing 2-4ft.

Hmmmm
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

That interweb thingy can be your friend.

Windy.com or Windfinder.

Scroll forward to Saturday. Then make your decision based on what conditions your craft, your crew and your experience can handle.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

All I know is that they seriously missed the predicted 1-2's last Saturday. When I hit the cut to Dog Island, I was in 3's and as I turned east, it quickly got 3-4 with an occasional 5. Then the winds that were supposed to die in the afternoon, blew with gusto. I'm installing a weather rock at my place at St. James! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!