Academey Sports

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Academey Sports

Post by Salty Gator »

Rangerpat wrote:Glad the manager got his job back, hope they gave the man a raise! :thumbup:
:thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

Great, he should have never been fired. I guess Academy Sports reads this forum.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

countrycorners wrote:A C A D E M Y
You must be kin to that teacher that gave me all those bad grades 60 years ago.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

reelbad wrote:
countrycorners wrote:A C A D E M Y
You must be kin to that teacher that gave me all those bad grades 60 years ago.
Until now, I didn't even notice the spelling. I guess I should have had that teacher. Image
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Better stop shopping anywhere that isn't local then.

Bass pro, Walmart, Publix, Costco, etc all have the exact same policy.

It today's society of lawsuits I don't blame them one bit and I don't want some overhyped security guard getting it wrong and trying to tackle me when i'm leaving. Not only is it dangerous for the consumer but a good way to end up getting shot(if you get it wrong and a CCW holder feels completely attacked or if you get it right and a thug decides to shoot you).

They will cut the manager a huge check once this blows over but if they don't fire him they are shown to "encourage" what he did. He'll get 10 years worth of salary and academy will be happy to pay it when not in front of the camera.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
MudDucker wrote:This one is a toughie for companies. If an employee gets it wrong, they get sued. Also high risk for employee to get hurt. Myself, if I saw someone stealing a firearm, I would have done the samething. Seems like a staunch warning would be enough, but don't know if this guy had been warned before. Suspect he will get another job where they appreciate heroic acts by employees.

Still can't imagine how this person got a hold of a weapon in the first place. Seems some employee made a mistake to let him have access. Of course, he may have posed as a shopper and then walked off after being handed the gun. Suck!
I’m sure you have been to gun stores, you know how it works
I have and I've seen them refuse to just hand over a weapon as well to shady looking customers. I've had them hold the weapon up and display it instead.
I’ve never had someone show me a gun by holding it up. You may want to clean up if the gun store employees won’t let you hold a gun :lol:
They let me hold'em. This was another customer who looked like he couldn't afford bullets, much less gun. After he left, salesmen said he wasn't about to hand that character a gun. :o
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!