Parking

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Officialcsmith

Parking

Post by Officialcsmith »

Just moved to a new apartment complex where I can’t keep my boat at. Any recommendations in the Tallahassee area on where to store a 17ft boat and trailer? I believe from tongue to prop it was near 22ft. Any info is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Parking

Post by Steve Stinson »

Shield's Marina rents covered storage that is not right on the water. Where do you fish most?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Shields Marina trailer storage is typically full but you can add your name to a waiting list if that's still the case.

Double AA Storage (across from McKenzie Tank Lines terminal) in St. Marks may have some openings. The office is next to the laundry mat and car/boat wash rack.

There's another unit closer to Hwy 98 on the west side of 363 but I don't know any details/contact info for them. They were little more expensive than these other two options last time I checked.

Carrabelle Boat Club offers dry rack in/out storage and there's another open storage facility just west of Carrabelle off Hwy. 98.

The marina in Panacea also has a fenced in area for trailer boat storage.

Hope this helps.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

There are a couple of storage places in Tallahassee. One is on on Centerville road ( cross cap circle) behind Publix a bit. A half block past the self storage place( a storage solution). There are a few boats and rvs there. I don’t know the name or contact info, sorry. Hope this helps
Edit: google boat storage Tallahassee, a bunch of places come up
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Officialcsmith

Post by Officialcsmith »

Sorry for the delayed response but thanks for all the input! I’ve called around a bunch of places in the area but ended up landing on a steal of a deal. Found a gated, security lot super cheap right by my house. I’ll be in the grass lot for a little but the woman is going to move me into a pull through storage unit once one opens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Glad you found something so quickly. It can be stressful when the pride and joy is exposed to the elements. Can count on two hands how many times my boats have had to stay out overnight and that was during out-of-town trips.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat