THE OLD MAN STILL KICKING

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

THE OLD MAN STILL KICKING

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I MADE A DECISION 4 DAYS AGO TO QUIT TAKING ALL THOSE PILLS TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER AND I WAS GETTING LOWER AND LOWER, IT HAS BEEN 4 DAYS NOW AND I FEEL BETTER THAN I HAVE IN MONTHS, THINK I WILL CONTINUE TO STAY OFF THE MEDICATIONS AND JUST WALK AROUND THE PROPERTIES LIKE I HAVE BEEN DOING THE LAST 4 DAYS CAUSE I FEEL GREAT TODAY.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: THE OLD MAN STILL KICKING

Post by MudDucker »

AWESOME! Be careful and seek your doctor's advice if you notice any change, especially if you have had a blood pressure problem.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Glad you are feeling better PA but please get your doc's advice on stopping your meds.
d
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

PA, reminds me of a saying I was taught at P.I. quite a few moons ago... one attributed to old' Dan Daly at Belleau Woods, "“Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?!” Think I get where you're coming from. Not a death wish as much as just wanting to be able to actually live and enjoy the time you have as much as you can!

I'll join the others with saying to be on the lookout for any changes but will also add that despite being married to a Doc she and I are about the world's worst on going to them and don't yet take any long term prescriptions...and in your case when you start outliving your doctors (and bet you've outlived a few), doing what you feel's best isn't always the worst thing in the world. Hope you get to feeling well enough soon to make a trip or two out to the big pond.
:thumbup: :beer: salute1
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

I am glad you are feeling better Earl, but also echo others concerns regarding suddenly stopping medication.
It is a good idea to get a Doctor to review your long term medication, as some may no longer be necessary, or may need changing.
You have got to find one you trust and speak to them about your decision.
Take care of yourself.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY FELLAS, THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR CONCERNS. I AM IN MY SECOND WEEK AND AM ABLE TO BEGIN TO DO MANY OF THE THINGS I NEED TO DO WITHOUT HURTING. MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS 117 OVER 77 AND MY HEART RATE IS 84, THIS IS THE SAME AS IT HAS BEEN FOR THE LAST 80 YEARS . WHILE I WAS TAKEING MEDICATION, 8 PILLS A DAY, MY B.P. FLUCTUATED UP AND DOWN SO MUCH IT ALMOST SCARED ME TO DEATH, AND MY HEART RATE HAS BEEN IN THE 80'S WHEN I AM NOT WORKING TO THE MID 90'S WHEN I AM WORKING. I THINK I WILL CONTINUE TO STAY OFF OF THE MEDS UNLESS SOMETHING DRASTIC HAPPENS.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO