Reward for lost lower unit

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Reward for lost lower unit

Post by procraftwes »

If anyone is deep sea fishing at the power plant on the St Marks with strong enough line to pull it up and gets my lower unit(yamaha 90hp) i'll pay $5 :lol:

Seriously though anyone ever heard of someone losing a lower unit.. Bolts and all with no obvious damage? Didn't hit anything(that I felt)and when you came off plane to a loud exhaust, trim up the motor, look back and the other half of your motor is missing?

I had to laugh and so did the towboat capt who had to tow me like 1/10 of a mile up river.

The cost isn't the factor as I can find them for under $500 used but the down time is gonna suck until I find one.
tabb

Re: Reward for lost lower unit

Post by tabb »

If you have a good idea of the location it’s at on the bottom get you a diver down there. It might save you some time and money.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

tabb wrote:If you have a good idea of the location it’s at on the bottom get you a diver down there. It might save you some time and money.
Good idea I might actually do that.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Sorry to hear that. There are some soaked palm logs scattered around that are certainly stout enough to do damage. Hope it's an easy fix.

Would also be worth a call to Shields or Sunshine Boats to see if they have an older one.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat