going out bussiness

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

going out bussiness

Post by JIm Smith »

Its a sad time for myself and the employees of Growers fertilizer as of this week we have been told that 85 years the co. will be closing its doors. This a result of citrus greening. Our North Florida location will closed as soon as the product on hand is moved. At this time most of the people who word there have no idea what they will do. A few of who can go on retire and I will still be working in agriculture but also retired. not a very good Christmas gift for a lot of people
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: going out bussiness

Post by Steve Stinson »

I have more work than I have people to do it. If you have any younger folks who want to come to the Tallahassee area give me a call. My qualifications are minimal, must have -
1. Valid driver's license and decent enough drivers record that our insurance co. will cover them.
2. Reliable Transportation.
3. Ability to work outside 40 hrs. per week or more. Crews don't work in the rain, but heat, cold, swamp, snakes, etc do not slow us down.

I will teach them land surveying.

Hope this helps.

Steve Stinson (850) 509-3116 mbl
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

Thanks Steve I'll pass it on. What do you do with an old fertilizer salesman?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I have an idea that may help. Call my cell phone posted above when you have time.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Sorry to hear this news, Jim. Always tough but especially at this time of year.

Very generous offer from Steve. Hopefully you and your fellow co-workers will land on your feet in better positions than before. Or maybe you can really retire and fish full-time. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

th my wife anks SK for the support. Ill be takeing my advisors advice and i have been contacted by the two largest fertilizer company s in Florida its up to me at this point. I know my wife would find plenty for me to do. just bad timing for those who are not as blessed myself and my family.
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

Graco (229) 377-1602
Monrovia (229) 377-3033
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

Mayo fertilizer