So what did Santa bring you?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

So what did Santa bring you?

Post by silverking »

Too soggy to fish today. So did Santa bring any new gear this week? We already know Juan got a cool windmill and Rocky christened his newly-acquired Loomis rod.

I added a couple more action/adventure movies to my collection--Tom Cruise and Bruce Willis for those nights when high body counts are necessary.

Got a gift certificate from my wife, which I promptly spent on a big spool of braided line. Wanted to give the Suffix 832 in 8# camo a try. Added a Rapala ball cap with hook and loop closure rather than those cheesy snap-backs.

Also treated myself to a hydraulic steering system for the skiff to replace the messy OEM cables. That'll be a 2019 project!

Happy New Year, Big Benders. Tight lines and big fishes for the coming 12 months.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: So what did Santa bring you?

Post by Salty Gator »

New power tech 4 blade prop...drool, a pair of Steiner marine binoculars and a new vacuum sealer
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

:thumbup: Those are some useful toys.

Beginning to think Santa dumped a sleigh full of coal on the region.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
edif

Post by edif »

Hey SilverKing i just put a sea star on one of my boats wasent much to it if you are local let me know and i am sure i can find time to help.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the generous offer, edif. I've worked on them before and this set-up isn't too difficult so I should be able to handle it. But if I get in a bind with leftover parts, I'll give you a shout. :D
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Santa done good this year. In addition to the windmill, I got a new 9mm pistol and some ammo, a gift certificate to Academy Sports, some fishing gloves and towels and a couple more fishing shirts. :-D Now if it would just stop raining long enough to use some of it.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

A new electric filet knife so I don't have to get shocked every time I clean fish, a new fish fryer, and hopefully a late gift of a new job.
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

I got one of the Spot X gizmos that has full texting capability vs just the pre-set messages. Nice for offshore trips in a bayboat, some shooting stuff, underwear and a new toothbrush :-D
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Got some winter trout goodies and a Kevins gift card.
Winter Trout Candy
Winter Trout Candy
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

My wife bought me a breathalyzer, so I can prove I'm coming home sober from long days on the water. Damn!
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

BTW Dave, it wasn't altogether too soggy to fish yesterday. I played Santa to 2 of my runners, taking them to Stoney Bayou. We got soaked, but one of them reeled in his Christmas present: a 23" trout hitting on top.

Despite the rain, the water around St Marks Refuge is still salty enough & warm enough to keep working fall patterns.