Econfina Camping

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Econfina Camping

Post by Steve Stinson »

For the past several years my family and I have been camping for the weekend wherever the NFGFC Tournament happens to be. We have always camped at the RV park adjacent to Econfina State Park. This year we called to get a site and were told there are no longer any available because they have converted them all to one year leases and done away with the weekend camp sites. :thumbdown:

Do any of you know of any campsites closer to the Econfina ramp than Rocky's or Newport? I realize I can camp at either of these two locations, but I live just South of Monticello in Lamont, so it's almost no driving time saved.

Thanks - Steve Stinson
rammerjammer
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina Camping

Post by rammerjammer »

Call 8505847139 Mr Mincy they may have a spot !,! Econfina River RV Park
tabb

Post by tabb »

who remembers when the campers were all back in the woods and Mercedes was the cook in the reasturant?
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

It's been a few years since I've been there so this may be a dumb question but aren't there three or four rooms on stilts across from the store that they rent out?
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
rammerjammer
Site Sponsor

Post by rammerjammer »

Yes they do
rammerjammer
Site Sponsor

Post by rammerjammer »

SS did you find a spot?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Turns out I have a neighbor who has a spot down there I can use. The Lord was watching out for me on this one because I rarely see this neighbor. My son and I were working along the dirt road leading to our house yesterday trimming some tree limbs back out of the way. The neighbor passed by in his truck and asked how the fishing had been which lead to our conversation about camping at Econfina. So we have a spot for this go -round.

Thank you for the replies.
- Steve Stinson