RDS aluminum in perry

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kenfly

RDS aluminum in perry

Post by kenfly »

I need to get an aluminum fuel tank for the sea ark, there make a 13 gallon that would be perfect (actually had the same tank on my pontoon that I put on it before I sold it), anyone know if I can purchase directly from them and priced a lil better than the retailers. They have gone up a good bit since last time I got one, of course I know aluminum has gone way up over last couple of years
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GusMccrae

Re: RDS aluminum in perry

Post by GusMccrae »

I’d call them, UWS, and American Aluminum and see if by chance they had a blem.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I talked to them a few years back about a casting platform. They were so busy building OEM parts that they really didn't need my business. So I went elsewhere. Could have changed but doesn't sound like it.

You might check with Marine Liquidators in Ft. Pierce http://www.themarineconnection.net/ or Metal Fabrication in Tallahassee.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

might check with gulf coast fabricators across from bigbend marine they may do that kind of work.i know a guy in perry that used to make em on the side that built me one for my 15 ft g3 I had I can check with him too see if he still does him for you.
SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

Post by SCALAWAG »

They(RDS) built me a custom 70 gal tank, did everything over the phone then they e-mailed me the specifications for me to look at and sign off on and in two weeks I went and picked it up :D Give them a call
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

My bad. I got business names mixed up. It was not RDS that I dealt with previously on the casting platform. Metal Fabrication or Marine Connection might still be able to help with your tank needs, though, if RDS is unable to build one for you at an affordable price.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Thanks for the help fellows, I’m gonna give them a call, the 13 gallon they make is a stock unit for them, so not a special make which I know jacks the price way up, I’ll let y’all know what they say and report if need further assistance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk