Weigh trailer

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Officialcsmith

Weigh trailer

Post by Officialcsmith »

Kind of random question but I need to weigh just my boat trailer to get it registered since it’s from Georgia. Trying to figure out the closest/easiest way to do it. I’m located in Tallahassee. Mainly wondering the best place to drop the boat off and where to get the trailer weighed. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Re: Weigh trailer

Post by DEMON »

If the boat isnt too big, launch @ ochlocknee river on hwy 90E & have someone stay with it for a few minutes while you run the trailer down to the Pilot truck stop that has certified scales. Takes only a few minutes to get a weight slip.
Officialcsmith

Post by Officialcsmith »

Gotcha yeah it’s a 17ft boat. Is it wide and deep enough around there? Under that bridge right? And those scales will be able to pick up the weight of that trailer? Gotta be under 1k lbs.

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Do a search of prior posts or PM reelhandy. He used a scale in St. Marks to weigh a trailer and you could launch the boat at the Fort or Shields and tie it off for a bit. Can't remember which facility he used, though and not sure if they would be open on weekends.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Officialcsmith wrote:Gotcha yeah it’s a 17ft boat. Is it wide and deep enough around there? Under that bridge right? And those scales will be able to pick up the weight of that trailer? Gotta be under 1k lbs.

Not sure. If not, you could use one of the talquin landings off hwy 20. Would take a little longer though.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Plenty deep and wide. I fish there all the time. I've seen 20 foot bass boats use the ramp. :thumbup: