Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 6/16/13

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Poopong McPlop

Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 6/16/13

Post by Poopong McPlop »

I wasnt planning on fishing today, but at the last instant I decided I wanted to hit up Lake Jackson again. My first experience wasnt great, the water was low at Millers, the deepest spot I could find was about 8ft. We did blow up some shell crackers while we were out there. I arrived at Crowder at 6:30pm and immediately got stuck and had to be pulled about by a kind stranger with a 4x4. I headed to open water in search of structure that may hold some Big Blue gills, but the water never got any deeper than 4ft. I found some nice BG hanging around gaps in the off shore pads. I had to be really careful and cast beyond them and drag it back to avoid spooking them. I saw some bass near the offshore pads closest to the ramp as I was coming back in.
kenfly

Re: Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 6/16/13

Post by kenfly »

May try to drop by there this weekend and find some of those bass ya saw
Poopong McPlop

Post by Poopong McPlop »

Just stay to the open water edges of the pads. There's only about 2 ft of separation between the weeds and the surface so your're probably gonna go top water or diving bait with a short bill.
oreocwby

Post by oreocwby »

Wed night myself and rusty hit ole Jackson up bout 7:30 to 8pm an man we saw and heard big bass action...not to mention the fat 8lb hog rusty slapped in the boat.(wit some good ole assistance from me) Man was he a Jackson brute..................... Def a good hump day. Looks like salt or fresh we put meat in the boat
Poopong McPlop

Post by Poopong McPlop »

Good job, the water is so clear and shallow that from a high position you could almost spot fish for bass I would think.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Went off 27 ramp Friday evening with my 4 year old and managed 1 and had a few good hits but they wouldn't take, went for about an hour and a half, bout all my boy could stand and me listening to him make a bunch of noise in the boat and looked like it was about to rain, pretty breezy as well
Poopong McPlop

Post by Poopong McPlop »

Theres' a lot less open water on the 27 side, but you can get to the sink holes from there easily. That's where I would have gone.