Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 8/6/13

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Poopong McPlop

Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 8/6/13

Post by Poopong McPlop »

We arrived at 6:30am and we were surprised to see 4 boats already in the water. I guess it was no secret that today is the New moon. Surface temps were in the low 80s and the wind was calm. The fish were feeding when we arrived, and they continued to feed for the next 30 minutes before they stopped around 7. We boated about 4 nice BG and Shell crackers in this time. We waited a couple of hours for the next feeding cycle to begin and it did commence on schedule. We caught a 9" BG as soon as the clock hit 10:45am and the moon was underfoot. The pads started popping everywhere by 11am and birds were flying and hunting. The fish were deep inside the pads popping the bottom of the pads for bonnet worms. As the feeding cycle came to a close we bagged a couple more nice fish in the last 15 minutes before heading in at 1:10pm. We didnt kill it today, but we had about 10 8-10" BG and shellcrackers. We caught everything on pink worms fished on the bottom. We caught everything on the open water side of the pads, usually hanging around points and nooks. Another good day at Lake Jackson.

captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 8/6/13

Post by captkeyser »

Love your reports almost as much as I love Jackson! Keep um comin. :thumbup:
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 8/6/13

Post by SS-342 »

captkeyser wrote:Love your reports almost as much as I love Jackson! Keep um comin. :thumbup:
X2

Now that is one fine fish! Makes my mouth water!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP