Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 8/09/13

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Poopong McPlop

Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 8/09/13

Post by Poopong McPlop »

The ladies put in at Crowder rd at 7:30AM and fished deep, open water adjacent to a major feeding area all morning long. Anchoring and bait concentration was the technique that worked for them. They caught about 34 nice shell crackers and BG, a few brown bullhead catfish, and a few short bass until about 4pm. It's a little slow at the lake right now and most fish are being taken in the mornings especially when the moon is overhead or underfoot. The afternoon bite is very slow until the last 20-30 minutes of daylight. Rhoden Cove Landing is open for business now, I took my boat today, launched and and spent an hour grinding out vegetation in the entire boat trail with my outboard. It's not great looking, and there's still patches of weeds that I'll grind up next time I'm out there, but its launcheable. Do not let your drive wheels touch mud when launching or recovering, keep them on hard concrete if you don't want to get stuck. You have to paddle or pole the first 30 ft out with motor trimmed up. If you're closer, Sunset landing's concrete boat ramp is fully useable. The boat trail has been cleared in the last couple of weeks, we idled up the entire boat trail last weekend and ate nice lunch at Sunset.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 8/09/13

Post by SS-342 »

Always like reading your reports but where are the pictures? Pictures of those big BG makes me want to go fishing!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Poopong McPlop

Re: Lake Jackson (Crowder rd) 8/09/13

Post by Poopong McPlop »

They didnt bring a camera, well definitely have pics next trip out!