Lake Jackson (Rhoden Cove) 8/21/13

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Poopong McPlop

Lake Jackson (Rhoden Cove) 8/21/13

Post by Poopong McPlop »

Not a whole lot to report today. We farted around and got a late start and didnt arrive on the water until just after 7am. The minor feeding was between 5-7am, and we just missed it. We started along our normal route, but there was nothing feeding in the pads but small fish, so we ran to an open water hole and anchored up. We caught our first fish within 30 minutes of anchoring in open water, and a few more followed after that. We moved to even deeper water and blocked off a major feeding area and waited until 11am which was the first major feeding time of the day. At 10:51am the party started with a nice 10" shell cracker. We caught the majority of our fish between 11am and 1:00pm, the major lunar feeding time of the day. On the day we caught about 40 fish total. We ended up keeping about 20. Our best fish were several 10" 1lb Bull Bluegill. We caught everything in 9 FOW. As we headed into Fords arm to the boat ramp we noticed another tussock had broken free while we were out fishing and was blocking the entrance to Fords arm. I ran out of gas the last couple hundred yards so I didnt have the power necessary to pull the tussock out to open water. If anyone launches at Rhoden Cove in the next day or so, please use your anchor and pull that tussock out to open water. Another great morning at Lake Jackson!

Last edited by Poopong McPlop on August 21st, 2013, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Jackson (Rhoden Cove) 8/21/13

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice fish, thanks for the report.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven