Lake Jackson (Rhoden Cove) 9/4/13

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Poopong McPlop

Lake Jackson (Rhoden Cove) 9/4/13

Post by Poopong McPlop »

We arrived at the ramp at 3:00pm, and we set out to mark holes and their boundaries in gps for an hour. Surface temps were 95 and the wind was out of the east. At 4:23pm we headed over to fish the feeding area adjacent to a hole. The major feeding was supposed to be 4:30-6:30pm and it did not disappoint. We caught about 25 fish total, and kept about 15. We caught everything between 4:30 and 7:30 with the majority coming around 6:30pm. A storm rolled past the southern end of the lake and that's when we caught most of our bull blue gills. All of our keepers were between 8-10" Another great afternoon at Lake Jackson!

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Jackson (Rhoden Cove) 9/4/13

Post by SS-342 »

[quote="Poopong McPlop"] "we headed over to fish the feeding area adjacent to a hole."

I love reading your reports! No doubt in my mind that you know your stuff!

Back to Basic 101. I suppose you use a fish finder to find the hole and a gps to mark it but…how do you determine the feeding area? What characteristics of surrounding water do you use to determine the feeding area?

You could make a living teaching people how to fish!

Thanks
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

:thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

I'm ready to learn!