8-30-31 Farm lake soaking near Bainbridge

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

seakeer

8-30-31 Farm lake soaking near Bainbridge

Post by seakeer »

My son called and asked if I wanted to go fishing at our friends farm lake Friday after work. We don't catch many fish in this lake, but the fish we catch are usually nice. We didn't put the boat in until about 5:30. The boat (aka: dingy) is only 10'. So Wayne, Stella (his faithful Boxer fishing dog), icebox, battery, trolling motor, and I start fishing. We get a few hits. I catch my usual minnow. It's getting late, Wayne gets a bump, and he sets the hook like he thinks it's a submarine. It was. Mr. Bass just starts to swim unworried until it sees the boat and then goes psycho. It swims under the boat, and jumps out of the water on the other side. Wayne gets the fish back on the right side of the boat. Meanwhile the fish is spinning the boat around and pulling us better than the trolling motor. Wayne tells me not to land it with the line. (I know that, but he doesn't want to lose it.) Finally, we get Mr. Bass into the boat. Stella is so excited, she has to jump out and go for a swim. We take some pictures, get Stella back in the boat, and let Mr. Bass go back home to live another day. About that time, a monster storm comes up. We head back in. The dingy is about half way up the steep bank. It's raining now and I am sitting on the side of the dingy trying to take the trolling motor off. Wayne grabs the battery and ice chest, and hops out. Well with that much weight shifting in the boat, the starboard transom goes under, and I go over backwards into the lake. :lol: All is good, just soaked. We finish loading, and I hear giggling. Can bass giggle?

(I hope the picture loads, my first attempt.)

http://s823.photobucket.com/user/Joe_Du ... 2.jpg.html
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: 8-30-31 Farm lake soaking near Bainbridge

Post by SS-342 »

Now that is some fish story! One that will be told and remembered forever!

Don't you love it when good memories can be made like that one!

Thanks so much for sharing! Go back and do it again.

By the way….a real nice bass and a very happy son!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
bbb

Post by bbb »

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice!!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Now that's Mr. Bass alright. :shock:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup: