Talquin Specs

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

crappielimits

Talquin Specs

Post by crappielimits »

Figured it was time for an updated freshwater report. Limit of specks on Talquin longline trolling today.
Hoxnan

Re: Talquin Specs

Post by Hoxnan »

Straight to the grease!! :lick:
Well done!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Looks nice and fat!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Those look very yummy.
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Minnows or jigs? how deep were they?
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Nice! We caught some good-uns on Saturday trolling deep. Just look for the group of boats. It was so crowded last Saturday a boat with Arkansas stickers came within 20 feet of us trolling :smt012 . Bit my tounge and kept moving. They are starting to roe up. We was trolling straight jigs in 30 feet. Should get better as the weather gets cooler.
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

redbelly7 wrote:Minnows or jigs? how deep were they?
Was trolling k-baits over old river oxbow and ledges. Various speeds and weights.
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

One Keeper wrote:Nice! We caught some good-uns on Saturday trolling deep. Just look for the group of boats. It was so crowded last Saturday a boat with Arkansas stickers came within 20 feet of us trolling :smt012 . Bit my tounge and kept moving. They are starting to roe up. We was trolling straight jigs in 30 feet. Should get better as the weather gets cooler.
I try to avoid the boats for that reason. There is plenty of river channel that does not get touched. I am blessed as a fireman to not have to fish Weekends! I usually go to coast ,hybrid fishing, or do honey dos on Saturdays I am off.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I know of some good holes. It's just starting to get good with the slabs. :lick:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc