Round2 Hybrids/Stripers!!!

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

crappielimits

Round2 Hybrids/Stripers!!!

Post by crappielimits »

3 of us caught our limit of 45 by 10 this morning. The smaller ones are great blackened or smoked and gonna can the bigger ones for dip.

bigphishy

Re: Round2 Hybrids/Stripers!!!

Post by bigphishy »

dude, you guys wore it out! :o :o :-D
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Nice!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

crappielimits wrote:3 of us caught our limit of 45 by 10 this morning. The smaller ones are great blackened or smoked and gonna can the bigger ones for dip.

And might I ask what state your fishing in?
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Wow. Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

We were in Ga! Wish we were in Florida the limit is more flexible. Allowed 20 per person instead of 15 and can keep bigger fish. We had to throwback bigger fish to finish limit.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

looks like fun! Were yall above Seminole? Did you troll for them?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

crappielimits wrote:We were in Ga! Wish we were in Florida the limit is more flexible. Allowed 20 per person instead of 15 and can keep bigger fish. We had to throwback bigger fish to finish limit.
You may know this but in case ya don't...just FYI you can only keep 3 stripers in Fl (18" min) and most of those in the bed of your truck appear to be stripers...you can keep 20 hybrids in fl though...nice haul though...they sure are fun to catch!
http://m.myfwc.com/fishing/freshwater/r ... s/general/
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

]
Jhults11 wrote:
crappielimits wrote:We were in Ga! Wish we were in Florida the limit is more flexible. Allowed 20 per person instead of 15 and can keep bigger fish. We had to throwback bigger fish to finish limit.
You may know this but in case ya don't...just FYI you can only keep 3 stripers in Fl (18" min) and most of those in the bed of your truck appear to be stripers...you can keep 20 hybrids in fl though...nice haul though...they sure are fun to catch!
Might better reread that regulation as it is 20 any combination of the 3 species with only 6 better than 24 inches. You are reading the Suwannee river exception. Though I do fish in Florida and Alabama too. These are from Georgia:http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/1297I have been checked with more than 3 stripes below the dam of Seminole. In Alabama the limit is 8 combined per person. I keep my regulations up to date and try to follow all laws.
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

crappielimits wrote:]
Jhults11 wrote:
Might better reread that regulation as it is 20 any combination of the 3 species with only 6 better than 24 inches. You are reading the Suwannee river exception. Though I do fish in Florida and Alabama too. These are from Georgia:http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/1297I have been checked with more than 3 stripes below the dam of Seminole. In Alabama the limit is 8 combined per person. I keep my regulations up to date and try to follow all laws.
If you read the regulation for florida, it clearly states that yes, you can keep 20 morones (white bass, stripers, and hybrid bass) in Florida with the exception of waters north an west of the Suwanee river. Last time I checked the dam at lake Seminole is north and west of the Suwannee river. Any river within our region of fl including the Apalachicola below the Jim Woodruff dam is under a 3 striped bass cap within the 20 morone regulation. Go ahead and take 20 stripers below Seminole dam as you please but if you are caught FWC will fine you with a heavy citation...that is all...enjoy your fishing...
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

Jhults11 wrote:
crappielimits wrote:]
Jhults11 wrote:
If you read the regulation for florida, it clearly states that yes, you can keep 20 morones (white bass, stripers, and hybrid bass) in Florida with the exception of waters north an west of the Suwanee river. Last time I checked the dam at lake Seminole is north and west of the Suwannee river. Any river within our region of fl including the Apalachicola below the Jim Woodruff dam is under a 3 striped bass cap within the 20 morone regulation. Go ahead and take 20 stripers below Seminole dam as you please but if you are caught FWC will fine you with a heavy citation...that is all...enjoy your fishing...
Just called FWC to make sure and you can still keep 20 in areas west of Suwanee only 3 can be stripers. Since hybrids are the most aggressive and prevalent still gonna be legal. 2 people can keep 6 stripers a day. Let's be clear I was fishing in Ga which allows 15 a person and 2 of those can be over 22 inches. The 3 of us had 6 over 22 and a mixture below only 8 of those were stripes. Sorry to bother you Hults thanks for looking out for us though.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Dude those are some awesome stripers and I know that was a lot of fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Great catch! Those are some nice fish in both reports. I bet that was a hoot. Those things do stretch a line...
Striper and hybrid fishing is something I've been wanting to get back into. I caught a few on Seminole as a kid many years ago and loved it. When I moved to Lake Tawakoni in TX the lake had a lot of white, striped, and hybrid bass. I had a blast catching those in the deeper water and got fairly good at finding them. I love a striper fillet (with the blood line cleaned off) on a hot grill drizzled with lemon and garlic butter while it's cooking.
Since I moved back to GA I haven't done the research to find out where the good spots are to find them. After seeing your report I'll be doing some research. Any pointers into general areas of the Hootch or lakes would be appreciated!
Once again, congratulations on a couple of great days of fishing.