Talquin Striper 2/22/14

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JDTuna

Talquin Striper 2/22/14

Post by JDTuna »

Decided to hit Talquin for the first time in search of stripers. Being from NJ, I always enjoyed catching them. My buddy Rob and I got a late start and headed to the spot. We began trolling, and on my first pass one other rods pulling a lure we use in NJ to catch them got hit. I ended up landing this beautiful striper, somewhere in the 10-12lb range. The rest of the day was slow but Rob managed a nice largemouth. It was a pretty good first shot at Talquin stripers.Image
bpac
Site Sponsor

Re: Talquin Striper 2/22/14

Post by bpac »

Nice Fish! I managed one striper at Talquin on Saturday, March 1st. They are a ton of fun to catch!
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice!! What kind of
Nj lure were you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wacissaguy

Post by wacissaguy »

Where abouts were you fishing? I've never caught a striper-like to try it-they look like a fun-and good looking fish.
bpac
Site Sponsor

Post by bpac »

I caught mine Saturday in 24 feet of water trolling live minnows.
JDTuna

Post by JDTuna »

kenfly wrote:Nice!! What kind of
Nj lure were you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a NJ lure, just one we use up there. A stretch Mann's plug.
JDTuna

Post by JDTuna »

wacissaguy wrote:Where abouts were you fishing? I've never caught a striper-like to try it-they look like a fun-and good looking fish.
The deeper parts of the lake...towards the dam.
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

If you're real lucky....you can find a school of them busting shad! Then its ON!

Great fish! Congrats!

~~Dave
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

JDtuna thanks for the great picture and the report. Nice striper! I used to catch a lot of them during the time I lived in TX on Lake Tawakoni but since moving back home I hadn't really tried to find them in south Ga or n FL. I've really been wanting to lately. Looks like I might have to break out the credit card and get me a FL freshwater license again.