Lake Hall 3/15/14

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Poopong McPlop

Lake Hall 3/15/14

Post by Poopong McPlop »

We put in at 2pm to a slight breeze from the south west. Surface temps were 62 over the main lake and as warm as 65 on the west end of the lake. We missed the 10-12:20 feeding time and the specs and bait had moved out to 15ft.We fished the west end where it was calm and warmer and boated our first 2 Crappie within 10 minutes. They appeared as small schools just above the bottom on sonar. We hadnt fished out here in several months and this was my first cold weather trip here since last year so we experimented and tried some other spots before settling back down on the west end. We got zero bites on the north end of the lake where the water was rougher and caught a couple in open water on a random hump in 14ft. The majority we caught were on the warmer and calmer west end. They were in 12-15ft initially before moving back out to 18-20ft and back in at the end of the day. We caught almost everything trolling an S on the weedline in 14ft-17ft. We fished multi jigs, small rattle traps, and slipped rigged minnows. Almost everything was rigged on fluorocarbon and size 8-10 hooks and fished 10-12ft down. We ended up with about 10-12 Crappie, a few bass, and an unlucky blue gill. Good day at Lake Hall

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Hall 3/15/14

Post by SS-342 »

I'm glad you are back fishing. I've been missing your fishing reports!

Look out fish….they are back!

Thanks for the good news…catch'um!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Poopong McPlop

Post by Poopong McPlop »

I've been fishing or at least trying to, one of my small boats was wet slipped and capsized destroying my trolling motor and humminbird. It took me a month to get everything fixed/replaced. I've been out several times, and the last 3 trips the day after a front produced nothing. Of course I didnt have a trolling motor or sonar which impacts me greatly. A friend gave me a newer humminbird and I changed the switch in the trolling motor the other day so I'm back to catching fish again. I just picked up a new 15' 56" wide all weld mod v and I'm gonna be adding a humminbird 998csi and a minnkota ipilot. I'll be able to cover way more water and get more sonar readings which Ill try to add with my posts in the future when this boats all ready to go. That auto pilot with anchor is gonna be something else. Ill be able to troll for specs and reel them in at Talquin and walk around the boat while the trolling motor maintains a set path.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Glad to see you are back at it. You will LOVE the ipilot
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven