Shannon Lakes revisited 3-22-2015

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Shannon Lakes revisited 3-22-2015

Post by CoastalPirate »

I love eating bass but I refuse to eat bass from ponds near well manicured lawns and farm ponds next to crops. While I wish I could fish Lake Jackson every Sunday morning (because I'll eat those fish) we made an agreement to fish Shannon lakes again before fishing Jackson. Well we hit Shannon Lakes on an awesome day! 70 degrees temp with cloud cover. No idea what the water temp was. I fished with a pumpkin chartreuse lizard and caught 6 bass the biggest being 1 lb 2 oz and a nice sized bowfin. My compadres ( Nathan and Rastus) had an amazing day. All on flukes... Watermelon...Nathan caught his heaviest bass he'd has ever caught at 5 pounds even plus 8 more bass and a bowfin. Rastus caught a 3 pounder plus 13 smaller bass. Also a lot of bass threw the hook. It was the best day of bass fishing we have had in a looooong time.
Nathan and his 5 pounder
Rastus and his 3 pounder
....and me and my bowfin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Shannon Lakes revisited 3-22-2015

Post by DixieReb »

Nice fish. Too bad bowfins don't eat well, we used to give them to black folks that like them.
Yours in the South
kenfly

Re: Shannon Lakes revisited 3-22-2015

Post by kenfly »

That's one awesome trip, sounds like the bass are hitting good right now:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk