Lake Jackson 3-29-2015

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Lake Jackson 3-29-2015

Post by CoastalPirate »

Hit the water around 8:30am off of Rhoden Cove. Air temp was about 48 degrees and whew it was gorgeous out there! Water felt warm in some areas but no accurate temp and man it was really windy at certain points of the morning. I fish a little puddle jumper so any kind of wind makes for a bumpy ride. I love seeing all the awesome bass boats out there. Saw some really pretty ones this Sunday!
Fished with a suspending jerk bait and a pumpkin chartreuse magnum lizard Texas rigged. The golden ticket was the lizard and location was Meghinnis Arm ( pretty sure I spelled that wrong.) ! I ended the day with 3 fish and my Lake Jackson record of 3 pounds 1 oz.
Here's the 3 pounder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
kenfly

Re: Lake Jackson 3-29-2015

Post by kenfly »

Thanks for the report!! I have been dying to get out there for the house projects have had me covered up. Nice fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk