Lake Jackson 4-3-2015

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Lake Jackson 4-3-2015

Post by CoastalPirate »

Got out on the water at 8:50 with 62 degree air temp and was it foggy! So foggy that you couldn't see 15ft in front of you after leaving the launch. So, because I fish out of my faithful puddle jumper I decided to play it safe and fish Ford's Arm. Not too bad except for the teenage alligators harassing ducks and grunting on all sides. Managed to catch one bass on a chartreuse pumpkin zoom worm and then the fog lifted. It was a beautiful sight and man were there a ton of bass boats on the water! After the fog lifted I made my way down the right shoreline and managed another bass on a chartreuse pumpkin magnum lizard. The last fish caught was right off of Rhoden Cove and it was a beautiful sight! Right as my 3 pounder snagged the bait another came in to grab it....and missed but it was awesome to see that kind of action. I ended the day with 3 fish and 2 missed fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Jackson 4-3-2015

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Not bad! Nice fishes. Pumpkin is a great color to throw.
Yours in the South