Fishing Lake Hall

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Topdog13

Fishing Lake Hall

Post by Topdog13 »

I just recently learned about Lake Hall and would like to find a new fishing spot. Does anyone know anything about it? Any advice is always helpful. Have read that the water and clear and that fishing is good but can't find anyone who knows anything about it!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing Lake Hall

Post by Steve Stinson »

Not sure if you're fishing for bream or bass.

The bream will hit a popper on a flyrod, or a foam spider but you have to use real light leader line (6 or 8 lb.).

Bass will hit frogs in the weeds early and late in the day. In the afternoon, fish the deeper holes with a watermelon seed colored trick worm. I have also caught them on crankbaits, but the weeds can be a pain. The water is so clear that there is a lot of weed growth in that lake.

Also, they lock the gate at dark so if you want to stay longer you will need to buy an annual pass. I think they have gone up to around $80 from what I remember.

Good Luck.