WTB Canoe

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

oysterhsdr

WTB Canoe

Post by oysterhsdr »

I'm looking to buy a canoe for an upcoming paddling trip where I am canoeing the Ochlockohnee River from the Dam to the Bay; my price range is somewhat limited as I was hoping to spend between under $300 and I was hoping someone may have one laying around that they no longer have a need for. Seems like a stretch but it never hurts to ask! Feel free to reach out to me at the number below ~ Thanks!

850-509-0832 David T.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: WTB Canoe

Post by Salty Gator »

Man, that is a long paddle. How long do you think it will take? How many nights do you plan to camp? If you can't find a cheap canoe, you may be able to rent one from wilderness way or tnt. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
oysterhsdr

Post by oysterhsdr »

Thanks for your reply! Yeah, I've considered renting one and I certainly will if I can't find one before then.... the only problem is the amount of days I'll be renting. You start to get up there near the price of buying one if you can find a deal, plus it'd be nice to have one for future trips too!

I've actually done the trip before a couple of years ago, I think it is about 70 miles from the Dam to the bridge over o-bay. Last time it rained almost the whole trip not to mention my friend that I did the trip with was the ADD type and we pretty well crushed it the whole trip and it ended up taking 4 days and 3 nights. This trip I have a week off of work so I'm not really on a timeline and I'm definitely not in a rush, I'm bringing my 5 weight flyrod to try and catch bluegill and possibly some bass; we're also going to bring some line to set bush hooks for catfish too. Last trip it was small game season so we racked up on some squirrels in the Appachicola Nat'l forest along the river, but this year the dates aren't lining up so it looks like we'll stick to fish. I'll definitely make a post about the trip when I'm done.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Hope you take a camera with you and take lots of pictures! Gladly help you figure out how to post them (or even do it for you) when you get ready to post if you need / want assistance. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
oysterhsdr

Post by oysterhsdr »

Thanks! I'll certainly take pics, I didn't last time I took the trip and it's certainly something that I regret. I definitely won't make the same mistake this trip and I appreciate your offer of help.

I did have someone offer me a deal on a Rogue River Canoe from the site; the only hang-up I'm having is it weighs in at 88lbs..... my main fishing boat is a gheenoe highsider that weighs in at 115lbs and I'm not sure if the weight difference is enough to justify the cost so I'm still on the lookout!