SOLD - Cape Horn 21 Offshore

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

KayakMacGyver

SOLD - Cape Horn 21 Offshore

Post by KayakMacGyver »

Selling our 2002 Cape Horn 21’ Offshore with Yamaha 200HPDI @ 650 Hours (of which, I’m responsible for 300). It took me 6 months to find this boat 5 years ago and it has exceeded all of my expectations.

When it comes to capability, this is about as good as it gets (in my biased opinion) when it comes to a 21’ boat. Dry as a bone ride and ability to take some NASTY seas. We regularly fish/dive it out to 45 miles. Only reason for selling is to move up into a 24’ Cape Horn. Boat is turn key and will be fished regularly until she sells.

BOAT:

- Boat is in overall great shape. Floor received a fresh application of gelcoat from Mikes Marine Ways in Panacea in May of 2019 after I replaced the original leaning post with an upgrade. Professionally detailed every season

- Professionally rewired in February of 2016. Every wire/switch/electrical connection was replaced with new marine grade electrical. All Blue Sea systems panels and components

- Wired for Garmin electronics (No electronics on the boat). Comes with Garmin GFS 10 fuel flow and Garmin GT-51TM Transducer. Also set up with NEMA 2000 network, ready to plug in play

- New leaning post in May 2019. ($2,000 upgrade)

- Lenco trim tabs with digital LED switch (February 2016)

- 40 Gallon livewell fed by a Shurflo Bait Sentry bait pump (pump new in January of 2019)

- 300 quart capacity fish box

- Front and rear deck lights

- Shurflo raw water washdown

- 127 gallon fuel tank

- Uniden VHF + 8 ft. Shakespear VHF antenna

- Apline stereo + with 8” Kicker speakers

- T-Bag under t-top with life jackets and safety gear.

- Anchor/chain/rope included

MOTOR:

- 650 flawless hours on a Yamaha 200HP HPDI – Hours will go up as I continue to use the boat until sale

- Side note: I considered a repower to a 250 or 300 but ultimately found there to be no considerable gain in performance to make it worth while until absolutely necessary

- 4 Blade Powertech stainless steel prop

- Motor has been meticulously maintained:

- Lower unit oil + Fuel water separator replaced every 50 hours

- High Pressure fuel filter, low pressure fuel filter, oil pump filters (remote tank + boat tank), prop shaft greasing every 60 hours.

- VST filter and water pump replaced every 120 hours, as well as 02 sensor cleaning.

- “Mystery” filters replaced in 2015 as well as injectors cleaned @ approx. 350 hours.

- Boat fishes 4 full grown men, full tank of fuel, bait/ice/tackle very comfortably

- Calm seas, full load cruise @ 31MPH at 2.5 mpg – WOT I honestly don’t remember, as I don’t run that hard, but guessing around 38MPH @ 2MPG.

- Rough seas runs around 2-2.3 MPG @ 26 MPH cruise

- Always run on Pennzoil semi-synthetic 2 stroke oil

TRAILER:

- Dual axle Performance Trailer

- (2) Brand New Rockwell Torsion axles in April of 2020

- (2) New tires in April of 2020. Other tires + Spare are 1 year old

- New Kodiak SS Disc Brakes and Rotors in November of 2019

Last edited by KayakMacGyver on June 22nd, 2020, 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Cape Horn 21 Offshore

Post by silverking »

Great ad, very detailed. Shouldn't last long. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
KayakMacGyver

Post by KayakMacGyver »

Thank you @silverking!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Beautiful boat! I used to own an older Cape Horn 21. Those things are built like tanks! GLWS :thumbup:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

very clean boat for it's age! this shouldn't last long at all!.
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

Super clean and meticulously maintained. Those things are one of the most seaworthy vessels on the market. I know how KM is about his maintenance and staying on top of anything that arises. Good luck with the sale!
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
Carlabear

Re: SOLD - Cape Horn 21 Offshore

Post by Carlabear »

How do you like your 24 ft. Im looking at a 2017 27 ft xs center