SOLD...2008 Triton Explorer

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Decided to sell my bass boat since I almost always use the bay boat and might use this one a couple times a year. It's never touched saltwater but might be good in brackish and bays. Posting just in case anyone is looking for a great freshwater boat.

https://dothan.craigslist.org/boa/d/200 ... 70985.html

asking price includes everything needed (life preservers, cast net, fire extinguisher, anchor, and more.. Plus about $1,000 worth of almost new bait casters, spinners and lures. $13,500 without the extras
Last edited by Juan on February 13th, 2018, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: 2008 Triton Explorer

Post by Salty Gator »

I'm not suprised how well she is maintained. Really nice sled, not as much glitter as I'm used to seeing in a south Alabama bass boat. :D GLWS, it won't last long
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: 2008 Triton Explorer

Post by silverking »

There's not even any RedMan stains down the hull sides. :wink:

Seriously, nice boat Juan. GLWS. Someone is going to get a fine rig.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: SOLD...2008 Triton Explorer

Post by Juan »

SOLD..in a strange way. A guy called from Alaska and bought it sight unseen. Sent a cashier's check and will pick it up in 4 or 5 weeks. I would never buy anything like that.. He's lucky I'm honest and not a scam artist. :-D
Hate to see her leave and now I'll have to find another way to fish for the stripers. :D
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Congrats Juan. Rather unusual but effective sale.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

You better make sure his cashier's check is not a fake before you release the boat. Sometimes, that takes a few months for the bank to catch, and your boat is long gone.

- Steve Stinson
geofish

Post by geofish »

I had the same thought. I've read that this is a pretty common scam that good people have gotten burned on.
STMU

Post by STMU »

Me too, I had lots of scammers try doing something similar on craigslist when selling my older boats! None of them sounded the least bit legit though, hopefully you're smiling all the way to the bank! :D
bbb

Post by bbb »

Well the fact that the guy actually called might make it legit. Most of the scams are done through emails or text messages. When you ask them to call you, they suddenly disappear.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Thanks guys. Believe me, with all the scams on Craigslist I'm worried about it being legit. The wife feels secure about it and she's usually the skeptical one. I have the guy's name and number and he's called twice from the same number... even gave me the name of his relatives who live in Panama City so I could call and verify. I googled his name and number and he seems to be who he says he is. I wouldn't know a fake from a real cashier's check so I'm going to call the bank that issued the cashier's check to verify it's good and tell my bank to make sure it's valid when I deposit it. I'll still have the boat until he comes from Alaska to pick it up so hopefully I won't get scammed.
Keeping fingers crossed.
bbb

Post by bbb »

From Google

The fraudsters have become so good with their fake checks that it's possible to take as long as 20 days or more for a bogus cashier's check to bounce.

If the bank is local, you can go to that branch and present it for cash.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

That's scary. I'm starting to think the guy is legit. He emailed me a picture of the cashier's check yesterday before he sent it. It came from a credit union in Alaska. I looked up the credit union and called them with the check number, and they verified that it was issued yesterday in my name and hadn't been cashed. If this is a scam, it's an elaborate one.

bbb: did the lures arrive?
bbb

Post by bbb »

Juan wrote:
bbb: did the lures arrive?
Yes sir. Thanks. My son was very excited to get them.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Half your transaction seems legit while the other half seems like a scam.

Did you have the boat listed on Craigslist or just a couple fishing forums.

Scam: Buys boat sight unseen. Sends cashiers check and says he will pick it up later.

Legit: Did not send more than the purchase price and ask you to refund the overage. Did not say to ship it to him. Told you of relatives living nearby.

Maybe the buyer is the naive one and doesn't realize all the scams going around today.

I had a guy from Tennessee buy my ski boat a couple years ago. He was in town for a few days on business, looked at the boat and when he got home, he sent me a cashiers check and told me to hold it for 4 weeks til he came back down. It was winter and he did not want to winterize the boat so he wanted it to stay in Fla til it warmed up.

Strange feeling looking outside and seeing a boat in your shed that you don't legally own.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

That's what I'm thinking too. The thing that has me leaning toward the legit side is the fact that the check has the Credit Union's name on it and when I called them they verified the amount, check number and date purchased. The check would have to be a fake and he would have had to create a web site for the credit union and hire several people there to go along with the scam.

Here's the credit union: https://www.creditunionsonline.com/cred ... -1094.html

Looks legit to me.