Business for sale (Southern Custom Rods)

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

Business for sale (Southern Custom Rods)

Post by dombern34 »

Southern Custom Rods has been going since 2014. it's started out as just a hobby to past time during the week but, took off faster than I ever expected and turned into a very established business over the last 4 years. This business is my baby but it's outgrown me. I can no longer keep up with the orders and the demand. I'm one guy that has a day job and it's always been an "in the evening and some weekends deal" but it's at a point to where I'm going to have to quit my day job (which ain't happening) or this business is going to slowly deflate. these types of problems are great problems to have but I can no longer keep up with it.

this was a self taught business for me. everything little thing I know was from trial and error. I honestly think anyone can do this, you just have to be willing to learn. and if you have free time on your hands, why not do something and make a pretty decent penny for it.

what will you get?

established business of 4 years
every connection and source I have to make you succeed.
established Instagram page
facebook page
every rod building component and all my supplies that are related to rods and rod building (6-7K worth if not more, being conservative) see below:

power wrapper with dryer
6 additional dryers so that leaves you turning out 7 rods at a time if you want.
hundreds of guides and tips
every color of thread.
clear coat finish
assorted grips and handles
reel seats
15-20 already made up rods
and so much more

if someone is interested in purchasing then I'll also offer 6 months or however long it takes to train someone until they are 100% fully capable of doing this and to be successful. I won't let you fail.

I believe if someone wanted to take this full time with the amount of business that is coming in daily, I believe someone could EASILY bring in over 40-50k a year on this. I work on this from 6 pm-10 pm (4 hours) and very rarely a weekend and nearly make half. this business has so much potential but I'm not able to keep up with it anymore. between traveling for my job and in the middle of building a house, this won't get the attention it needs. I'm Hoping I can pass this business along to someone and let them make it their own! I'll answer all questions!

PM for Price.
flatsbroke22

Re: Business for sale (Southern Custom Rods)

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I just picked up building rods about 6-8 months ago. I have made several for others to negate some of my fishing $. Lol I can see where it can get overwhelming. I've been offered to make a bunch of rods but had to say no cause like you I don't have the time and not quitting my day job. I will say if I was much younger I would definitely look into doing it for a living. I love the work and love the variety of the things you can do in building rods. I will continue to build rods for myself and others but only at my pace. Hopefully you'll find the right person to take over. If you can't find a buyer keep me in mind if you want to part out some of your equipment and parts. Good luck!
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Same here.. I've only made a couple but love everything about it. I've been thinking this over all day. The angel on my left shoulder is saying "do it" and the devil on the right is saying" never turn your passion into a job". (Plus the wife doesn't think I have the time)
Part some work out, take on a business partner, hire some help...what ever you decide: Good luck
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
k_staines

Post by k_staines »

Can you pm me your number? I'd like to speak with you about the details of your business. Thanks.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Sorry to hear Dom. So I guess the lifetime warranty will be up to the new owner?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Salty Gator wrote:Sorry to hear Dom. So I guess the lifetime warranty will be up to the new owner?

I will make things right on the lifetime warranty if the new owner doesn't agree to. That was my honor and I don't expect the new owner to honor it. But I will.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

flatsbroke22 wrote:I just picked up building rods about 6-8 months ago. I have made several for others to negate some of my fishing $. Lol I can see where it can get overwhelming. I've been offered to make a bunch of rods but had to say no cause like you I don't have the time and not quitting my day job. I will say if I was much younger I would definitely look into doing it for a living. I love the work and love the variety of the things you can do in building rods. I will continue to build rods for myself and others but only at my pace. Hopefully you'll find the right person to take over. If you can't find a buyer keep me in mind if you want to part out some of your equipment and parts. Good luck!

There's definitely nothing better than making a rod and catching a fish on something you built. Just be careful because it can get out of hand over night! It did for me! But now I've bit off more than I can chew. Not a bad problem to have if you can keep up! I'll keep ya in mind tho. If I can't sell it then I reckon I'll figure something out to keep up with the demand!
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Juan wrote:Same here.. I've only made a couple but love everything about it. I've been thinking this over all day. The angel on my left shoulder is saying "do it" and the devil on the right is saying" never turn your passion into a job". (Plus the wife doesn't think I have the time)
Part some work out, take on a business partner, hire some help...what ever you decide: Good luck

Yes sir I don't think you would regret it! I know I don't, just regret not having the time to take it to the level that it has the potential to get to! It will be missed