WTB Rotary Fly Tying Vise

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

WTB Rotary Fly Tying Vise

Post by silverking »

Anyone have a reasonable base-mount rotary vise not being used? Looking at Griffin, Atlas and Renzetti mid-range models but wanted to check here as well.

Located in Tallahassee.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: WTB Rotary Fly Tying Vise

Post by Gulf Coast »

I realize that know this already but it's another addiction :smt004
Attachments
IMG_20180408_100729533_HDR.jpg
image000000.jpg
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Know it too well. :wink: I tied some years ago but started buying flies when I was guiding due to time restraints. Have a few boxes of capes and other materials, along with a cheap vise so looking to upgrade and resume the addiction.

What brand/model is yours, Chris? How do you like it? I've got an offer in on an Atlas; no reply yet.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Gulf Coast wrote:I realize that know this already but it's another addiction :smt004
Ain't that the truth. Have a Renzetti and Dan Vise. Think I gave 85 for the Dan Vise and it works well, but the Renzetti is better. The Dan vise jaws aren't as hard it seems. Wilkinson carries Peaks I believe, and they are good.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Dave, it's a Dyna King, " Professional " model....I bought it used from my longtime neighbor on LOI. He bought it and didn't like it as much as his older vise so I got a deal !! :smt004
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks 8wt. Wondered what you were using since I know you tie a lot.

Good buy on the Dyna King, GC. Those seem to be the Rolls of vises, according to the reviews I've read.