Single Owner 2005 Z-71 For Sale

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Single Owner 2005 Z-71 For Sale

Post by Scoop Sea »

After 14 years of driving Roxie (kids named my truck), momma said I could upgrade to a new Z-71. In turn, Roxie is up for sale. KBB has a range of 6-8K. I'm putting her up for sale at 6K, but before I put her on Craigslist, etc, I wanted to post her for sale here. I'm the original owner, she has about 184,000 miles on her. She's never been in a wreck, minus me hitting the neighbor's mailbox one morning (sun in my eyes and trying to answer my cell, i.e. distracted). If you would like pics or have questions, feel free to PM your cell and I will shoot you the pics.

Below is the good, the bad, and the ugly with her:

Bad:
A check engine light is on and has been since 53,000 miles. The reading is related to a fuel system sensor. I replaced the gas cap a few years ago on the advice of a tech and it didn't go away. Apparently this is a common issue.
Speedometer will come and go: parts aren't expensive, I've just been on the road too much and am too lazy to switch out the control, which looking on Youtube appears somewhat easy to do.
Headliner is sagging some in the front left corner relative to when the radio was put in a few years ago.
Driver's side leather is worn out (showing the styrofoam) on the front left where my short fat behind has gotten in/out over the last 14 years.
Sirius/XM are no longer active as I replaced the radio a few years ago and didn't have it wired up to have them still as an option.
Starting to get a little peeling on the paint on the hood.
Leaks a little on the rear seal, been that way for some time and the advice of my mechanic buddy after checking it out, is to not worry about it, just park it on the grass, which is what I do.

Good:
She's never left me stranded and I'd jump in her tomorrow and run to the Keys to go fishing at the drop of a hat.
Crew Cab
Leather, PW, PL, Cruise, the standard stuff with a Z-71 package
4WD
Paint still looks good, minus some of the minor peeling on the hood noted above.
Garnet in color.
Stainless tubed running boards/nerf bars.
Tires still have quite a bit of life left.
Currently has a hard cover (Undercover brand), I haven't decided yet if I'm gonna put it on my new truck or not, so that option is up in the air at the moment and may not come with the truck.

Ugly:
There's really no ugly in the mix. As posted above, she never left me stranded and I have no inclination she would today either. I'm hitting the bottom of the price range due to the "bad" above, but in the end, I honestly believe that whoever buys her will enjoy her and have no issues. I wouldn't put her for sale on this site, amongst folks I converse with and see out on the water with occasionally if I didn't believe she was a sound vehicle.

One question: does the BBF Site Sponsor logo I have on the back window go under the good, bad, or ugly....lol

If you or someone you know is interested, don't hesitate to PM me.

Have a good one.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."