SeaFoam

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

setty7

SeaFoam

Post by setty7 »

Guys,
I picked up some SeaFoam at West Marine today. What is the best way to use this? Can I just add it to the gas tank and run it in the water? Thinking about going to st. marks saturday. Is it safe to run the seafoam in the river/ocean? I didnt know if this has to be ran through the motor out of the water or not? Thanks for any help!
The Flats Fox

Re: SeaFoam

Post by The Flats Fox »

I've been using Sea Foam for a number of years now and wouldn't be caught without it. Just add it to your gas tank according to directions...it definitely will add to the life of the motor. I have a 1988 Johnson 88 H.P. motor and it has been used strictly for saltwater fishing since 2001. It sets up as long as 6 months without cranking and once cranked, it will always crank on the first turn. Another product that I would swear by is Johnson's 6 in 1 Lubricant to spray the motor down after each use...it does not affect the wiring and my motor looks new. My motor is 26 years old and I use it on a 23' Carolina Skiff. I hope this info is helpful.
The Flats Fox
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

PUT IT IN THE GAS TANK AS PRESCRIBED ON THE BOTTLE, BEEN USING IT SINCE ETHANOL CAME OUT IN THE GAS. I ALSO HAVE A 1985 EVINRUDE 85 H.P. AND SHE STARTS EVERYTIME. I TRY TO CRANK THE OLD ENGINE AT LEAST 1 TIME A MONTH USING RABBIT EARS IF I DO NOT GO FISHING;
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

Put it in the the gas tank and let her rip. It'll say the mixture amount on the back. I used it the first 4 months of owning my motor due to ignorance of the previous owner using ethanol based fuel. That mixed with non ethanol fuel has had my motor purring like a kitten ever since...that and because she's a yamaha :-D :thumbup: ! Good luck with it!
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
gatoremt

Post by gatoremt »

I use it all the time in my motorcycle and my other vehicles. It is some good stuff.
Griff - 14.5' Ultimate Native
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit What virtue has joined together,
death shall not separate
Deus bonus est
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

You can put in the tank to keep your carb clean and if your jets are already a little junked up, you can pull some straight into the carbs and it cleans them remarkably well too.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!