Reds

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DeerNfish88

Reds

Post by DeerNfish88 »

i hope to get me a red this weekend , i am goin to be fishing out of ecofina , i know yall said before the mouth of the river and stuff but last time i tryed that and w/ no results i tryed the osyter bar on the left when u first come out and i tryed the left bank for a while and all i had was a shark swim up to the boat and bite my jig off. on the osyter bar it was low tide and i used topwater while other people in the boat used gold spoons ...... so what do i need to use and when to fish so i can get one of the bronze beasts ....
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

I have always had good luck at ecofina on yellow bucktail jigs tipped with a shiner strip. I have also caught them on black spoons and renegade lures purple head w/ yellow body.
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

I have always had good luck at ecofina on yellow bucktail jigs tipped with a shiner strip. I have also caught them on black spoons and renegade lures purple head w/ yellow body. I always have caught them on a incoming tide at ecofina.
DeerNfish88

Post by DeerNfish88 »

i tried the little bay type thing on the right side of the mouth w/ a yellow grub and another person on the boat was using a small pin. and no bites ... but this was the out going tide but whats the deal i just want to catch me a red :(
waitin

Post by waitin »

Most any grassy point/cut with high moving water is likely to have a red or two around. Top water, grub or spinnerbait will work. Good luck.
DeerNfish88

Post by DeerNfish88 »

yea ok will do i tryed the grassy point on the right of the river i thought i would have a hit there on yellow grub/red paddle tail but no luck maybe next time ... thanks
fishhawkJR

Post by fishhawkJR »

go to aucilla the reds are thicker there.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

So are the rocks :lol:
DeerNfish88

Post by DeerNfish88 »

:lol: thanks