happy texas fisherman with billystix

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

billystix
Site Sponsor

happy texas fisherman with billystix

Post by billystix »

:P

A very excellent rod
OK guys. This is a plug for Billy McDaniel and his Billystix rods. I received the one I ordered a few weeks ago. I only finally got to go fishing last weekend to try it out. I have been sick, working, parents in town, life got in the way. You know?
Now about the rod. I had talked to Billy on the phone for a while and had a pretty good idea what I wanted in a rod and a design thought. Billy helped me with the details. When the rod came and I opened the package I was stunned at what he had done. Even my wife was excited. Billy built me a speck red spiral rod for all around lure chunking. And I had him do a 9-11-01 NEVER FORGET commemorative rod. Folks it looks awesome and do I have to say unique? I did not want to be fishing with an American flag type deal and Billy did a charcoal rod with red, blue and silver windings and he finished with a clear coat gloss that has slight red and blue metal flake in it. He put a small U.S. flag on either side of NEVER FORGET. I also had him put inch marks on the under side of the rod of 15, 20 and 28. Billy did that in a very unique way that looks super sharp. He actually got 27" instead of 28" because of the location of the eyes.
What did my fishing partner say about it? One word. Dayyyyyyyamn!
Billy has a gift. The rod is an art piece.
The spiral eyes are great and brings a new meaning for sensitivity. It has 11 eyes on a 6'-8" rod. It is very light and has a fast tip. It chunks tops and tails very nicely indeed. I cant wait to get a heavy trout or red on instead of dinks.
I see where Billy has donated a couple of rods for the TOBA and I for one wish to win one. I plan to get another and another in the future.
These rods are priced much less than off the rack premium rods. That surprised me because I have seen some other customs that were much inferior craftsmanship that were $$$.
Way to go Billy.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

08-22-2003 02:37 AM
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Billy,

I sent you an email RE the club meeting. Did you get it?
Tom Keels
Site Founder

billystix
Site Sponsor

sent e mail

Post by billystix »

hi tom
i dont recal getting a message from you, was it about sept meeting or oct meet.
stix
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

October if you are interested.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Send me an email Billy.
Tom Keels