fishing report keaton/st. marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

biglee
Site Sponsor

fishing report keaton/st. marks

Post by biglee »

well i did it....took off work thu and friday. took care of the honeydoos, (well some of them anyway) :lol: saturday morning picked up my brother destination: keaton. went out of the channel took a right headed for birdrack close to dekle. scollopers looked like huge covey of quail so i motored on for about 1/2 mile stopped in about 7 ft. stayed in the general area most of the day final tally 3 rock bass(1 keeper), 11 trout(2 keepers), 3 big sail cats(threw em back), 2 beers, 3 bottled waters, and a can of veaners! :) got home cleaned the boat and the wife dropped a hint she wanted to sunday :D :D sunday morning i decided to go to st. marks never been there so we headed west toward gray mare stopped in 6-7 ft and drifted back toward lighthouse. final tally 8 trout(1 keeper), 4 sail cats( threw em back), 4 beers(wife 3 me 1), 3 bottled waters, and a family size can of veaners!!! oh yeah all fish were caught on salt water assassin cajun croaker on 1/8 ounce jig and doa under ct. Not a lot of meat brought home but beats the heck out of workin!!! :wink:
fair winds and following seas....
lightchop

Post by lightchop »

:thumbup:
Last edited by lightchop on September 1st, 2003, 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

And I thought Korean's were confusing... :roll:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good report biglee. At least you reported some trout caught. Lately that's quite an acomplishment. I'll be at Keaton this weekend.
Semper Fi
Steve Hendley
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Hendley »

Biglee: At Keaton try the bird rack south of the channel. The water is a lettle clearer. I had a good day Saturday boating 7 keeper trout, 1 was 24inches. I posted a report in off topic "Back on my Horse".
The rest of this week should still be good for trout, fish early.
I can't go this week so yall go get them.
Good fishing to ya
SH.
biglee
Site Sponsor

Post by biglee »

this is my first year fishing "skinny water" so i don't know if i'm having difficulties with stained water, grass, or lack of knowledge. one thing i do know no more freshwater for me i'm hooked on salt :D oh if anyone is looking for an older offshore boat my uncle is selling a 26ft stamas, cuddy, lowrance, depth finder, vhf, 2 i-6 chevy inboards. i think it's an early to mid 80's model. he wants 10k for it. i would buy it but my 1500 chevy would die if i pulled it. wife won't let me get a 2500 duramax/allison or a new f250 powerstroke and the boat :evil: she keeps talking about new house with 50 acres. i told her with the new truck/boat we could enjoy a bazillion acres of water!!! :D :D
biglee
Site Sponsor

Post by biglee »

hey LC i'm on call this weekend so i wont be able to get far from the house :cry: if i can get a weekend lined up i'd love to meet up and get some tips(wet a line in the process!!) my key largo doesnt run in super shallow water, found that out in aucilla :cry: as long as we can stay in more than 24in of water i dont freak out :D that low water alarm on the garmin sends chills down my spine :o
Steve Hendley
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Hendley »

biglee: Ya saltwater fishing has really cut into my fresh water fishing too.
Bass fishing is fun but just doesn't compair.
I love that salt air.
good luck
SH. :D
lightchop

Post by lightchop »

:thumbup: :P