Laborday Scalloping Excursion

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DuctTapeKing

Laborday Scalloping Excursion

Post by DuctTapeKing »

So every year a few of my old college buddies get together from all over to hang out scallop and fish. DAY 1........ in usual layborday fashion we put the boat in at the crack of dawn to go fishing. Yep engine trouble, and the "Bama Bisquet" was taking on water. We pulled her out, fixed the engine, and DUCT TAPED up the hole. It's the middle of the day so we grab the girls, after throughly testing the boat, to go scalloping. Six miles later we are in prime scalloping territory close to Lanark. Two hours later my buddie Rock Star and I have picked up 20-30 each. Everyone else got about two. The water was clear. They were just holding deep in the grass. You had to look close to find them. We cleaned those few scallops and the meat was the biggest I have ever personaly seen. DAY 2....... Rock Star caught 2 nice redfish 24" & 26" in the back of alligator bay. It was about an hour before high tide with just a shrimp 1/8 oz on the bottom. DAY 3.........Worn out, sunbeat, and a little older than we'd like to think, Rock Star, Randy, and Cotton took the day off watched college football and threw back some beers. Big Mike and I fished out of my Boat, the "Double Double". Two sail cats in the back of alligator bay was all we could take. Football was on!!!!!!! DAY 4.........Decieded to give the scallops one more college try. 6 miles later, 6 hard core scallopers, 6 knot wind, 6 inches of visibilty, and 6 scallops we headed back in for some food and wife time. DAY 5....We cleaned up, said our goodby's, and each headed back to our homes, already thinking of where we'll go next year. This labor scalloping trip is kinda like fishing itself. It's all about the time spent with friends and family, so even when ya don't catch much its still better than anything else in the world. DTK
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Time with friends is well spent. :thumbup:

Scallops are a bonus. :wink: :wink:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sounds like ya'll had a heckovagoodtime :lol: and the good part about not catchin a lot, is that ya don't have ta clean a lot :D Good times with good freinds can not be beat :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”