Satruday at Keaton Beach.

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Hendley
Site Sponsor

Satruday at Keaton Beach.

Post by Steve Hendley »

Saturday morning we headed down to Kenton Beach. Got the boat in the water about 7:30 headed out the channel and then south to the bird rack. The wind was blowing a little harder than I had anticipated with as much fog as there was, but no problem.
My son and I caught a couple dozen pinfish then pointed the boat southwest and headed out towards Buck Eye Reef.
The ride was uneventful and we reached our first set of numbers by 9:00, the fog cleared and sun came out but no fish. We kept moving southwest into deeper water but still no grouper. I finely turned the boat around to start back in 50foot of water; all we managed to catch were some small grunts and black bass. It was about 11:30 so I decided to troll a stretch 30; we trolled for an hour with no luck. I could tell my son was getting restless so I decided to try one more set of numbers before heading back. As we turned the boat into the wind to anchor we took wave over the bow of the boat, it had gotten much rougher, we both agreed it was time to head back.
Got back to the bird rack south of the channel around 1:30 and start fishing with pinfish under a C/T and throwing a Canary Purple Bass Assassin. We fished from 1:30 until 5:00 and caught 2 trout, one 15inch Spanish, 1 black bass, and a 24inch shark. We caught quite a few short trout, Blue fish, and several little sharks which kept our interest up, but
all in all a pretty slow day.
Oh by the way when we got back to the bird rack the wind had laid and it was slick, go figure.
Goes to show you never really know a trip will turn out. But one thing for sure, if your not out there you will never know.
Good fishing to ya. 8)
SH.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

At least you were out there. Better luck next time.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

It was slick most of the day at Keaton inside on Friday. We fished the same area you trout fished. Pretty slow on Friday also.
I have a friend who went on a charter boat out of Carabele Sat. They had the same luck over there. Only two keeper Grouper caught out of 14 people on the boat. Thanks for the report Steve.
Semper Fi