New Billystix Rod

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

New Billystix Rod

Post by Tom Keels »

Got a care package in the mail yesterday from Billy. My new 6'6" Spiral Stix grouper rod. I opened the package and couldn't believe my eyes. It is fully decked out with yellow, blue and glitter flake, and sports the BigBendFishing.Net name. This is damn sure the prettiest rod I've ever owned and has got to be one of the lightest too. It's at least 4 oz lighter than my ugly stick I was using.

Light doesn't mean wimpy though. I put my 3/0 with 50# ande on it and strung the sprial wraped guides. I then grabbed a big handful of line and put a big bow in the line. The rod curled in a perfect parobolic arc and there is hardly any stress on the line or guides, and NO TORQUE. This is new to me and I'm not sure I understand the science behind it, but I'm sure Billy will explain it to every one at the October NFGFC meeting when he is our guest speaker.

You guys should do yourself a favor and treat yourself to one of Billy's rods. They are the cream of the crop!

Thanks again Billy!
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

Let's see a picture. :D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

:oops: