St Marks 10/5/3

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dstockwell

St Marks 10/5/3

Post by dstockwell »

Headed out of the Lighthouse pool around 7ish, first time I have launched there. Pretty nice to come out and be that far out without having to run so far from the fort. Headed east a short ways to give a try, not much going on here. Caught a big O sailcat and a few shorts. Decided to further East, to what I believe is Gray Mare. I'am not sure cause I do not go to St Marks often enough to no for sure. Spent the remainder of the time in this area constantly drifting back and forth. Action was off and on, and slow at times but not bad. Ended the day if 5 keepers to 18" and a Sailcat. Most all fish were caught on a Day Glow / Chartruse (sp) SWA, or anything that was close to those colors. Darker baits produced next to zero. Water stained, cuold only see bottom in about 3 feet. Fished from 3.5 - 5 feet.

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

DS, any time you can hit an area your not familar with and pick up your limit I'd say that speaks pretty well for you :D Good report, thanks for sharing the information. :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Good report and a nice mess of fish :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Thanks SR. :D I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I have been to St. Marks in 18 months. I ususally go to Keaton. The Son was with me and he got 1 Keeper, and we lost 2 at the boat. Not a bad day for sure.