billystix comes to town

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

billystix
Site Sponsor

billystix comes to town

Post by billystix »

:thumbup:
hi guys and gals.
just wanted to thank each of you before hand for allowing me to speak at the next meeting, you might want to make an extra effort to attend because i seem to have a comedy of errors when i speak, so it might be worth coming to see me making a dadburn fool of my self.
plus i just finished a spiral rod that will be given to some lucky angler, this is something that you will want to try to win as you will never know the beauty of a spiral rod until you use it. :wink:
so i will be looking forward to talking with you guys soon.
thanks
stix please visit me at http://www.billystix.com :thumbup:
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

I wish I could get to Beef O' Bradys on the 16th October. :cry:

That is going to be a well attended NFGFC meeting.
Hear about rod making and have a chance to win one...........that can,t be bad. :thumbup:
Fishin 911

Billstix

Post by Fishin 911 »

Billy,

You put on a fine presentation the other night. You had some nice rods at the meeting. You build great fishing rods from the look of them and you really take pride in building them. You for very informative on how the rods are built, etc.

Your presentation of the spiral rod was great. The light weight grouper spiral rod you showed was great. The way you demonstrated it really showed how it performs when something is on it. I am be looking at getting one built. That rod looks like it would make it easier, if you will, to fight a Grouper or whatever else you have on there.

Being I have a little less 'muscle' (due to a medical condition) than 'normal' folks, I believe that rod would help me battle a big grouper.
I have found that a little bit more limber rod does help sometimes with bigger fish than a 'broomstick'. I have seen this with a cheap Shakespeare MH action Sturdy Stick 7' rod when I have got something big on.
Lemme save my pennies up and I will definitely look at getting a rod from you. I may go bankrupt if I really like it. LOL