Posting Reports, or Not?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishsticks
Site Sponsor

Re: Posting Reports, or Not?

Post by fishsticks »

Hey dudes, I do not know what is, but (L) is right. I do not post at all for the most part, but read the forum and get info almost everyday since I joined(a few years now). Now and then something will get me to a point where I feel a need to put my .00000000000000002% in. I think the last time was when someone had to put their dog/family member down. I rely on these post and they have improved my fishing a great deal. I can say I read everyday. I just feel my experiences are to embarrasing or not worth mentioninhg. I am on my third boat since I joined the site, this is my first, brand spank"n new all around 17 footer flats boat. I wanted to share that when I got it, just can't tell why I didn't. It actually almost sank the first day I took it out for the break in run, etc... I've had stories out the arse with this boat, but the local dealer came through. I have replaced everything from the Yamaha motor to guages,etc. Anyway, my point being is I got a lot of info and tons of resources just by reading and going back through the threads for whatever. I learned I got the one boat that was a fluke, but she runs well now(Sea Pro). It's been a while, the forum has changed sinced I last post, so my spelling/grammer will be off. - Peace
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Ya'll keep reminding me why I like my kayak so much. :o
Actually listening to what other people say is worth the effort.
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

I've been busy at work, the weather has been horrible, tides low, winds high, rain yada yada yada so I've only been able to spend about 20 hours per week on the water in the last 6 or 8 weeks. Finding reds has not been a problem at all, but catching them in most places has been. After the tournament I'll tell everyone where I got skunked if you have time to read that list, but for now, I for one admit I'm holdin my cards close cause it's been so tough lately and I'm holding no face cards anyway. Right now the only good piece of advice I can give is don't use a motor. Go anywhere, but go quietly and carry a soft stick. I've never seen this many reds in consecutive trips in my life, and I've never seen reds so easily spooked or hard to catch. I'm still 50/50 on whether I'm fishing from a boat or canoe Saturday.
Mookbait! At least 401 times better than live bait!

He who have signature line make bigger post.
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

I don't figure y'all want to hear how bad the crabbing is because of a lack of rain and too dang many redfish eating them up but I did catch 5 mullet yesterday on the shellpile in 1 throw even though I turned the net inside out and upside down*&(^$@@#%^%*%((&&*()_**(&)%^##$%@#@! 12 years now and still can't throw one :roll: but I did get enough for supper. I do enjoy reading the reports and hope to get time to fish a little this year.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin 1759
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

RD wrote:I don't figure y'all want to hear how bad the crabbing is because of a lack of rain and too dang many redfish eating them up....
I sure do want to hear about it, Mullet too. In fact, the more I can hear about other critters the more I'll understand what's going on out there. For example, I've seen more 1" Pinfish in Feb than I can recall in years past. Why???
Now, to continue my rant about folks not posting. Of course it's their call but how 1/2 the boats
in the Redfish tournamment don't weigh in a fish and not one report is posted from
somebody who didn't catch much is (IMO) weak.
Step up when it don't go well and we'll all learn from the story.
Thank you.
I'll shut up now. :-?
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

The only report that I have for the past month was fishing the Feb. 9th tournament. My partner Bryce and I took a quest, Ryan Anderson, and headed down to the Aucilla. We hadn't fished since the last redfish tournament that Jerry's put on, and were unsure where to find the fish. We checked the tides and decided that the warmest water would be on the flats. Fortunately, we were right. We started working west out of the Aucilla. We fished in 1ft or less, site casting to tails with topwater.

We only boated 8 reds all day, but each was 25"+. No complaints. Our quest Ryan had a blast and is looking to find a partner to fish this weekend's redfish tournament out of Jerry's. :D

Everyone weighed in extremely nice fish, and those who didn't at least saw them. Anyone fishing the tournament this weekend?
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Tincan and I are gonna give it a go...is it only one day now?
Boom goes the dynamite.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

caseycook wrote:Tincan and I are gonna give it a go...is it only one day now?
Yep, it is just gonna be on Saturday. Hopefully the weather stays warm, if so, I imagine everyone will see twice as many fish as they did last Sunday. I am really looking forward to getting back out there. Would have went yesterday, but didn't want to mess with the wind. :smt009 It would be great to see a big turn out this weekend. The past two tournaments were small, but I think that had alot to do with the weather. I look forward to seeing you out there buddy.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

I am also new to this site and like others, I'm in a tree from October to late Februaury. As my partner Eric stated, we had a good day of fishing in the redfish tournament. I was happy to get back on the water and was very excited to see fish. Good luck to all fishing Jerry's tourny this Saturday.
Supa Fly

Post by Supa Fly »

I haven't been able to go as often as I used to. I used to get out every weekend, but right now I have a 3 year old, and a 1.5 year old, both girls. Needless to say, once they came into being, life changed. I imagine in another year or two I might be able to pick up the pace again. I probably post about 50% of the time that I go - good trip or not. Right now the steering in my boat is out, so I've been going in my kayak a lot. I actually prefer fishing from the kayak, but I just haven't done it much in the winter around here so I'm somewhat out of my element - which has resulted in the last couple trips being skunkings. I've also been trying to perfect sightfishing with the flyrod from the kayak, which hasn't helped my odds as well. On top of all this, my fishing partner recently moved away, so in short, I'm having a little bit of a fishing identity crisis. I hope to have the boat/ partner issue resolved by this spring and be back in action. If so, you should see a report out of me at least once or twice a month.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

SupaFly, echo here on prioritizing the home life. I have 2 girls and now that they're 5 & 7 my trips are increasing.
Stay in touch on getting out. I'd enjoy the company. We PM'd some sites recently & I'd do those with you.
I'm also interested in working the fly rod from the kayak. I have caught fish that way but I haven't tried it much.
Sighting fish from the yak is not seeing but reading water. It's tough but it has taught me a whole lot that I doubt I would have learned otherwise. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I intend to revisit Tarpon via kayak this summer. 8)
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

Here is my post I have been building a house for the last 5 months and I manage a hunting and fishing store, so Christmas time is 3 months long and I also have a 4 year old,so there is my report from August until the present time.
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

CairoTrout wrote:Here is my post I have been building a house for the last 5 months and I manage a hunting and fishing store, so Christmas time is 3 months long and I also have a 4 year old,so there is my report from August until the present time.
So, what do you do in your spare time? :wink:
What was I supposed to do today?
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

BB hibernates from Nov to March 1. I figure I spread enough guano the other 7 months in the year!! ;-)
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Figured you more for the aestivating type, BB. :lol:
GULP! free since 1970.