??? any report on the nighttime falts trip??

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dbplug
Site Sponsor

??? any report on the nighttime falts trip??

Post by dbplug »

Hey, guys, maybe you are catching up on sleep....
What is the report from the fullmoonnighttimeallyoucanseeSt.Markslowtidefishingexpedition?
for petes sake
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

:roll:
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Well, I didn't go last night on the trip, cause I had to be out of town, so I decided to go on Sat. night when the trip was originaly planned. They rescheduled to Mon. night due to the weather, but as usual, the weather forcast was wrong. Me and a friend left out of the Aucilla around 5:30 and got out on the water to find the weather was perfect. Light breeze, and just a ripple on the water. We had big grins on our faces as the sun dissapeared, and the moon started to rise. We were anticipating a monumental night of fishing.
Well, thats about where things started to go downhill. Who would've expected a full Lunar Eclipse! I mean come on guys, I would've thought at least one person would have caught that, and posted it on the site.
Well, I guess we had one of the best views you could ask for, and we still managed to bring home 8 keeper trout and 1 nice black drum.
All done and told, we had a great time on the water enjoying one of mother natures rare treats, and enjoying a nice peaceful time on the water.
Fish Masterson
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

fish, sounds like a good time. What did the trout hit ? :thumbup:
Sea Ya !
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Da report is, alot of fishin, and little catchin. We headed out aabout 6p first stop produced a couple shorts and the only keeper for Atticus. Wind started slow, but picked up. Did not make it unfishable, but the water temp was 66. :o So after almost 5 hours and 1 keeper and very few catches we called it a night. Atticus had a Blue Crab decide to try and take out $12 of power pro when tangled up his line, however the crab lost.
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Sea Fox, the trout hit a little of everything and a whole lot of nothing. We caught a few on chug bugs, a few on D.O.A.'s under C.T.'s, and the rest on dead shrimp between the catfish. I wore out a brand new Top Dog and only had two strikes on it. We didn't get a single strike during the full phase of the eclipse, but caught fish shortly before and thereafter.
Also, the wind picked up pretty good during the full phase and slacked off after it was over. Was kinda eerie!
Fish Masterson
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

I,m alittle jealous, I wanted to see it and I was in a good place to veiw the eclipse but we had heavy cloud cover. Maybe next time. 8)
Sea Ya !