St. Marks 11/16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eat_mo_crawfish

St. Marks 11/16

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

The tub was in the water at about 7:00 Sunday at the lighthouse. Worked the bars in East River 'til about 11:00. Caught six short reds (five were 17.5", one was Gary Coleman-size), all on live shrimp. One keeper speckler, also on live shrimp.

We got a ton of little tap-tap-taps in the East River from what I bet are sand perch or very small sandies or specklers. Winter fishing is just 'bout here, I'm bettin.

Went east on the flats for a couple hours, and it was sloooooooooow. Ended up catching a bunch of shorts and one shark. Here's the kicker: my buddy outfished me about 5 to 1 on the shorts. I was using live shrimp and SWA, and he was using the cursed glow-in-the-dark DOA shrimp. He just popped that thing under a weighted Equalizer, and the shorties went nuts. I know some folks on this board have had no luck with the DOAs (that includes me), but I'm going to rethink after yesterday.

Have a good week ya'll.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I fished between Oyster Bay and Piney Island yesterday and the 4 keepers I got came jigin on the bottom with a generic chartuese curly tail "ran out of the doubles last trip" :D the thing is, I caught all of them throwing across the wind so my line had a bow in it, they would move it allmost like it hit bottom and I would set the hook "a lot of hook sets was bottom" just like fishin a weightless worm Bass fishin :o they was hittin real light and you had ta watch close to know they was there :-?
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”