St. Marks 12/21/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

St. Marks 12/21/03

Post by Chalk »

Myself and Mr. Keels launched from the Fort around 9:00....Water was mighty low..Headed up stream fished around the docks, fished up almost to 98 with only two shorts....Cranked up and ran back downstream and stopped near the place we had caught'm last weekend. Once the tide started moving again and the sun had warmed the little trouts up, they entertained us for a little while..It was colder than a witches bit in a brass brazier....Ended up with one keeper and 30 or so small trout, saw a large school of sand trout..I hooked a pelican, but it got away :( ....Good times on the water :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Chalk, seems you always make a fishing trip interesting. Now come across with the info. What bait did you catch the pelican on? What kind of presentation? What kind of retrieve? :wink:
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

It was a 1/4 oz. Chart. jig with a White & Chart. SWA....I threw it four feet away from him and it took off after it.....I reeled hard to avoid it but it had taken the bait. I reared back to set the steel to it, but alas it threw the hook. Oh well better luck next time :o :lol:

I didn't get wet either, what a great christmas present thanks Tom :wink: :lol:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Tom, I'm dissappointed. I was beginning to think Chalk doesn't think a fishing trip is complete unless he gets wet. Shoulda gone to the Rotary and made his day. :wink:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

hooked a pelican, but it got away.

Darn, would have made a tastey morsel. :o :lol:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I'm thinking Chalk could hace deep fried that pelican and passed it off as a Christmas turkey. :o
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

The "Turkey" was on the reeling end of this adventure. :wink: See what happens when you go without me. Did ya'll fish towards the mouth of the river? What was the water temp?
Semper Fi
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Yea, I'de like ta know the water temp. also :D The Ochlockonee was 50 deg :o
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Air Temp was 22 or so, water temp? We were in the cypress sled, no venturing out.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Man!! what a missed opportunity.... a picture this morning on the forum....

Chalk holding the net in one hand and fight'n off a tick't off pelican trying to get out with the other one. :lol:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".