St. Marks, 12/26/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dbplug
Site Sponsor

St. Marks, 12/26/03

Post by dbplug »

Took my 10 and 14 y.o girls to the fort around 10:45 in the morning. Headed up river. light wind out of the north, water temp63-64 degrees, tide low. One mangrove snapper? Girls bored.

Went to riverside cafe for the lunch break - good griub, great company.

Went back up riverat 2:45, day had truned much warmer, downright beautiful. Stopped at the first barge slip. Small silver trout and 4-5" specks right and left. Fished till we ran out of shrimp.

Of note - they did not seem to want a grub of any color. Once we were out of shrimp, I found an old, old dried up used fishbite in my tackle box. The 14 year old caught probably 10 more trout with the fishbite on a plain old circle hook.

One keeper silver for the day. Ten year old said she was gonna pet him and love him and call him George. Daddy said he was gonna clean him and call him delicious.

Did see one lonely pelican up river with a red or orange headed jig with chartruese grub stuck in the corner of his mouth. Hope he learned.
for petes sake
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Good times with the kids DB... :thumbup:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good report db. Sounds like one of Chalk's catch and release pelicans. :wink:
Semper Fi
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

:thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
Sea Gurl

St Marks 12-28

Post by Sea Gurl »

Dbplug

I went Sunday - launched at the Fort - went up river - caught one small speckled trout, three silver - thought things might be better the other way - went all way out to west flats - slick as glass - bottom looked like a "moon scape" - went back in fished around a few bars - caught one 15" red. Really enjoying the boat ride - went back past the fort - caught another speckled and one lady fish - that was it - really enjoyed the boat riding tho. Guess that's a lot of words to say wasn't anything happening but was good to be on the water anyway.

I did see the pelican you saw plus another with a jig stuck in it's neck - didn't seem to be bothering it tho.

Sounds like you had a better day - you had a keeper and a good lunch!

Sea Gurl
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Sea Gurl, do you sometimes fish alone? Chalk and I fished the St. Marks on 12/13. We saw a lady in a nice CC anchored up just above the TENNACO docks on the left of the river. Was that you?
Semper Fi
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Weren't me! I have a nice little 16' Lund Angler and haven't tried solo fishing yet but plan to one day when I get my nerve up - can't always depend on my son wanting to go or whoever I can con into it.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

There always seems to be plenty of "no boaters" hunting a ride on this site. Don't think it would take a lot of "con" with these folks. Although there are some on this site who would pass as a con--vict. :wink:
Semper Fi
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Depends on what they was con-victed of :wink:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I resemble that remark! :-?
What was I supposed to do today?