Tropical storm Fay

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

arcadiainc
Site Sponsor

Tropical storm Fay

Post by arcadiainc »

Crown weather now has Cuban national radar on it's website. Kind of interesting-------

http://www.crownweather.com/tropical.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Tropical storm Fay

Post by MudDucker »

arcadiainc wrote:Crown weather now has Cuban national radar on it's website. Kind of interesting-------

http://www.crownweather.com/tropical.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, they have moved the tract more to the east overnight. When I went to bed, they had moved it more west toward the Cape. Means a lot of good rain up through central Florida and Georgia. These areas can use the rain too.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

as long as it stays a strong tropical storm or light hurricane im not worried(have family in naples).. after my family was forced to relocate after katrina i have a different attitude about hurricanes.. when i was a younger they were fun like camping because the lack of electricity.. my mom went through the most powerful hurricane to ever make landfall hurricane camille in 1969 in biloxi,ms.. 190mph sustained winds and i never really understood why she was so afraid of hurricanes untill I experienced katrina.. while the storm surge was worse in katrina the wind damage was no where near camille(according to my mom).. our house was officially 24 feet above sea level on the back bay of biloxi and we had about 4ft of water intrusion.. most houses in my neighborhood were reduced to a brick chimney..I wouldnt wish it on anyone..
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Well, now they are showing it coming up to St. Augustine, then curling back over the Valdosta area and then hanging around into Saturday. I will be happy for the rain, but there are going to be some boy scouts who are not happy with the rain if it ruins their scalloping trip to St. Marks this Saturday :smt009
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Call me crazy "come on, I dare ya" :-D but it sure looks ta me like she has already started a turn to the N/NW :smt004
http://image.weather.com/web/flash/FMMa ... meAlpha=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Weird, look at the projected path........................

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlsto ... large.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Team Jolly Mon
bman

Post by bman »

Yea this one is looking strange...
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

It looks like that red line passes over my house! :smt107 :smt100
Team Jolly Mon
arcadiainc
Site Sponsor

Post by arcadiainc »

As long as it stays away from Eastpoint. Think I am going down in the morning and secure everything as best I can. From reading several forcasts I hope that when it gets to south Georgia/north Florida the wind is 25-30 knots. We need the water, not the wind.

:-? :-? :-?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I think that Red line is a bit to far to the North :smt012 but then I've been off on predicting this one from the getgo :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Here she comes guys...gonna cut right across the entire big bend area. Man, I need the rain, but I sure have some disappointed Boy Scouts. I am watching the weather and if it clears quick enough, might take them to the Hatch on Sunday.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Talk about the calm before the storm - look at Alligator point and then look at the St. George Island cam :o

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Wow, St.George looks good right now
Last edited by Flint River Pirate on August 22nd, 2008, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Jolly Mon
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Hopefully, Fay will push some fish back into JT51's fishing holes so he will be able to catch a few. That is if he can get there before everyone else. See you on the water JT.