St Marks 3/1

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

St Marks 3/1

Post by tin can »

I put in at the lighthouse about 0700. It was a bit cool and a lot windy. Ran around the corner to the bar in front of the lighthouse. Water temp was 56 degrees and about 1 foot of chop. Went from there to 10' of water. Water temp in 10' was 54 degrees. Kinda spent the rest of the morning scouting. The water is somewhat tanin on the flats, with an average temperature of 55 degrees. The water in the creeks is about the same temperature, with some mud in places. I couldnt find any activity anywhere. I fished one deep hole in a creek for a while, and observed. The birds were sitting, and nothing was moving, except the wind. The wind continually picked up all morning. There was 2 feet oor better of chop in the river. The bottom line is I did not catch a fish. I started to head up the river and look around, but thought how good that recliner is gonna feel.

I didn't find anything to get excited about today. If I were to go back I would stay in the river and fish deep holes.
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I'm glad to here that water temp :) the Sopchoppy was 48 degrees yesterday and I was worried that the flats may be cooling off some also :-? sounds like an interesting day, if nothing else :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Yea TC today was hard to say the least. :-?
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Thanks a lot for the report. It helps to hear all the news!