St. Marks 3/7

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dr. Jones

St. Marks 3/7

Post by Dr. Jones »

A buddy and I put in our little jonboat at the Lighthouse around 8:30. Right off the bat we started catching good sized trout right off the lighthouse. Got a couple 14s and a good 17 incher. It was foggy and we didn't want to get too far offshore. As the fog lifted, we made our way out to the Rock Garden. Didn't have much luck out there and the wind really started bouncing us around. In the early afternoon, we worked the flats between the rock garden back to the lighthouse. Then we went up into the mouth of the East River, but the wind was blowing us so fast the fish must've thought our shrimp were competing for the Indy 500.

Couple bites, couple fish, but we regretted we didn't stay where we were in the morning. All were caught on live shrimp under a CT.

They're out there, just not in the numbers you find em in mid summer.
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

That fog was unbelievable! I put in there at 7am, motored out and immediatly couldn't see the lighthouse from the channel marker out from the cannal.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

:thumbup: Still got yea a few..wtg.
Dr. Jones

Post by Dr. Jones »

After reading the Keaton report, I wonder if things are picking up a little further south, where the water is a bit warmer?
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Water South is usually clearer also, so hard to say..