Another Keaton report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JimR
Site Sponsor

Another Keaton report

Post by JimR »

Posted mine on the "other forum" . If anybody knows how to copy it here please feel free. Its titled Gottagocatchafishitous update. In short, we managed 4 keepers Saturday and 6 Sunday. Lot of shorts in the mix. Still was good to be back on the water. :D
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Copied for JimR

Started treatment Saturday 7:00am at Keaton. Fog was so thick you couldn't see 30 yards. Idled out of the channel and fished 2 ft of water waiting for the fog to lift. Finally headed north around 9:00 am, fished in 3' of stained water picked up 2 keepers and a lot of shorts. Feeling better already. Headed back south around 11:00 fished 3-4 ftclear water, picked up 2 more keepers and a few shorts. Radio chatter about a line if showers with 25 knot winds drove us in around 1:00. Back out Sunday , fog thick again , picked up 1 keeper at 8:00am, ran south to piney point, fished in 4 ft. Caught a few more keepers and a lot of shorts. Total for Sunday 6 keepers, left about 1:30pm to pack up and head home. Definately feeling better but additional treatments will be necessary. Will probably have to go for anotherv round next week Looks like this condition is here to stay. No known cure so "treatment sessions " will be needed fo a long time. As a side note, guys BE CAREFULL out there. Bith mornings the fog was so thick you couldn't one channel marker to the next but still a lot of boats trying to run at full speed. Even if you had the channel mapped you don't know whats in front of you. Its amazing how many boats don't have lights on them. Doubt you would have seen them anyway . I'll keep y'all posted on my treatments and progress.[/b]
What was I supposed to do today?
JimR
Site Sponsor

Another keaton report

Post by JimR »

Thanks Tin Can. :D
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

:thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good trip Jim. Wish I could have been there.
Semper Fi
JimR
Site Sponsor

another Keaton report

Post by JimR »

Sorry to hear about yopur mishap CS. Maybe you'll be better by next weekend. :thumbup: