Econfina 03/03/04 Story Pictures

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Econfina 03/03/04 Story Pictures

Post by Sir reel »

Didn't have the pics when posted this morning.... but here are the....

BEFORE: :o

DURING: :evil:

AFTER:
:smt038
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Sir Reel: We must stop meeting like this!

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks for sharing nolester....and welcome to the royal order of the Brothers of the twisted trap known in some circles as a "navigational nuisance" Where did you find yours?
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

I hit mine at full throttle, needing badly to stay on plane, :hammer: in Ocklockonee Bay in late December. At first I though I had run aground, as the motor stalled immediately but there was no "clang" like I get when I hit a rock. :o I was suprised to see the twisted mass on the prop, when I pulled it up. :x So there we were, my wife [who rarely fishes with me] and I out in the middle of the darn bay, and this! :roll: Thank goodness my needle-nosed pliers had a wire cutter blade back near the joint, and that I thougt of it. :lol: Between that, and the paddle handle, we got it off. :beer:

It was my first trip in my boat with a camera on hand, and so I am also glad I thought to take a picture. This one is my wife, moving in to give it a try as I got the camera out, etc.

The trap was black and slimey with slime! It stunk, too. Thankfully, the little puncture I got was not deep and healed fine. :thumbup:

But, as I outfit better for spring, I am going to be sure to add a wire cutting tool and hydrogen peroxide.

I really like the trophy hoisting picture you have, and you ought to put it up on your wonderful web site. But I was amused at how similar your motor picture looked to mine.

One fella claimed I owed him $12 for hitting his pinfish trap! :wink:

http://members.fishingworks.com/Aucilla
eat_mo_crawfish

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

Ouch. My buddy got one over at Spring Creek a few months ago. Full throttle. Then nothing. Luckily, the motor was fine. And no pictures, thankfully.